Gettign Know What to Do

It is very important to know the goals of the task that you are doing and how to achieve them. In other words, any wind will not help the ship whose route was not defined. In this respect, I spent the first week by observing the classes and asking as many questions as possible. Thus, my task got very clear in my mind. All in all, after a week of observing the classes that I attend, I started to take part more in this week.

On Tuesday, in Dafne's class, we practiced the song, “Bugün Bayram” – “Today is festival”, that we sang last week. In each practice, the kids were getting more enthusiastic and eager to do perform what I am doing. This also motivated me to do something more. Then, in Adinda’s class, she wanted me to do some activities about farm animals as they will go to a farm next week. I told her that I could practice the popular farm animal song, “Ali Baba’nın Çiftliği” – “Father Ali’s Farm”. She said that it would be cool to do it in the class. It was also interesting for me that she knew about that song.

On Wednesday, we had an appointment with Luc to go to talk with the director of the head of VIP school where I will attend some English classes. At the beginning, we had some problems about finding the right building, but finally we found it and talked with her. She, the director, was really hospitable and enthusiastic about my attending some English classes in their school. Then, we also talked with one of the English teachers whose name was Frank. He gave me some information and we discussed about them. In the end, we had an appointment to meet next week.

On Thursday, in Adinda’s class, she wanted me to help the kids while they are playing a game about farm animals. It was sometimes very difficult for me to play a game with kids at the age of 4 or 5 as they should achieve something, but instead of concentrating on the goals, they would like to play as they want so I had to interrupt them many times. After playing several times, they got what I mean. Moreover, I added some other features to the games so that they will also practice their background information. It is also good to use the same material in different ways to achieve different, but related goals.

This week, I had also chances to talk with students during their lunch break and other break times. I think, the kids and I had a good sense of communication which is one of the most important keys of education. Therefore, we benefit from modern ways instead of traditional one in which there is a tight border between the kids and the teacher. That is to say they admire the teacher instead of being afraid of him so that the goals are accomplished more easily.




No comments:

Post a Comment